Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Activities to do and what to expect in Switzerland


Greetings again, I don't think I have told you about what to expect or do here in Switzerland. There are a variety of things to accomplish and engage in here. One of the things I enjoy much is swimming near my home in Zurich. Biking is popular which I have told of in prior blogs. I do bike to different places just because it's easy to get around on without the hassle of getting and waiting on a bus which are also common here. I know that hiking is what most visitors enjoy doing here. The Swiss mountain towns are full of travelers. Mostly they are European visitors from nearby places. I do like meeting those Americans though, they are funny. Hiking is awesome and rejuvenating. I sometimes, if I can, go out to just hike and relax from country and city life. Also, an interesting fact. I know and see lots of cats roaming around town and suprisingly in some fields looking for food. Haha, I like watching the cats. Besides that, the mountain meadows are used for animals to eat hay and they look like there're mowed in which they are. In some sections, you can see the farmers who live way out in the boonies. I will say that if you come here, the buildings will appear to look new, but really the people are preserving the buildings and the new buildings are made to look and reflect the town and its rich background. Before I end this blog, I will lastly say that people here are friendly but very organized and particular about people being on time. Hopefully the gondolas are working and that you can enjoy this vast country in full as you sit atop a high deck and gaze out over the awe inspiring secenery. Until next time, this is Simon.

No comments:

Post a Comment