Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Recreation in Slovakia

Hello once again! Today I will tell you a little bit about recreational activities. Slovakia is a very mountainous country. Many of us like to enjoy the landscape of our country. Popular activities are downhill skiing, rock climbing, fishing, and the sports ice hockey and soccer. Some popular ski slopes that I have visited are Malino Brdo and Strbske Pleso. They are both fun and feature many runs ranging from beginner to difficult. I have never really tried rock climbing- probably because I am afraid of heights! Also, I just don't find it as interesting as other activities such as skiing or fishing. Fishing is also one of my favorites. There are many smaller lakes and a few large rivers like Dunajec as well as smaller creeks. I personally prefer fly fishing over other methods. Popular fish that you catch include bream, sterlets, and eel. I play hockey and soccer. That's pretty much it for recreation. I hope you got a good idea of the things that I enjoy and do for fun.





Do vedinia,



Alesj

No comments:

Post a Comment