Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Switzerland Sports and Festivals

The people of Zurich in switzerland enjoy an active lifestyle as well as myself. Sports are an integral part of Swiss culture and society. The abundance of international sporting make Zurich an attractive place for sport fanatics. Some of the sports I play here involve the following: Ice hockey (being the most popular and the one I like best), Biking, and football, and hiking, which people do frequently whether in the country or just visiting. Besides all of these, I know that this country has a rich culture tradition because I participate in some of the events held annually. One such of these festivals is the well known Film Festival which is basically about celebrating popular international productions. It also attracts both stars and new talents. I have also come to be fond of one of the largest events in Zurich, it is the Street Parade; which is also one of the largest techno and dance music festival in the world. It normally occurs on the second Saturday in August. The first edition was held In 1992 with about 1,000 participants. Since then, it has grown in number of people. My country has a wide range of opportunities to take part in and there is a lot to tell about. Until next time, Sincerely Simon.

1 comment:

  1. This is really cool! We do a lot of hiking and biking in Liechtenstein too.

    ReplyDelete