Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My favorite hangout place- Bratislava





Hey, it's Alesj again. Today I will be discussing my favorite city in the world- Bratislava! Bratislava as you probably already know is the capital city of Slovakia. It is also Slovakia's largest city with a population of 431,000 people. Bratislava was believed to be settled over 5000 years ago. Bratislava has an Old Town district with a bunch of historic buildings. There are many gothic cathederals including St. Martin's which is said to be built in the 13th-16th century. Probably the most famous building in Bratislava is Bratislava Castle. Bratislava Castle is settled on a plateau about 300 feet above the Danube. The castle was originally built by the celtics. Next to Bratislava Castle is my favority building, Novy Most bridge with the UFO restaurant. This is a UFO shaped restaurant/observatory on top of a bridge The observatory gives you a great view of Bratislava Castle. I also like the uniquely shaped Kamzik TV tower which sits on top of a hill and is open to visitors to the rotating observatory at the top. There is also many parks within city limits, including my favorite- Horsky park. One of my favorite things to do in Bratislava is to sit down and hang out at coffee shops. I try to go to a new one every time. Coffee shops are a popular destination for Bratislavans. It is fun to meet new people and just hang out. Well, I guess that's it for today. Until tomorrow!


Do Videnia!(Goodbye!)


Alesj

2 comments:

  1. Wow that did not come out like it should have lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete