Thursday, April 21, 2011

Rome. Italy The Weddings


Hello,

This is Catherine reporting from Rome, Italy. Since I have been here I have been only talking about the Reniassance. As I was exploring around for information about the art of that time I happened to pass by a wedding taking place and I thought that it was the most beautiful site. I decided to go a little off topic today and write about Italy's Weddings.

Essential Question: How are weddings like in Rome Italy?

For over a decade half of the happy married couples have do a destination wedding in Italy. They offer wedding in take place in historic halls or in beautiful churches. Usually after the wedding in Italy as they are walking out people throw confetti at the bride and groom then once they are out of that they want to throw pasta. Some people goes as far as taking the show and filling with confetti and pour it over the bride and groom. In Italy the luckiest day to get married is on Sunday where as not many people here do get married on Sunday.
Some traditions include the guests will place items around the bride and groom as they walk down a hall and see what they pick up for example of a bride picked up a broom then that means she will keep a clean house. Another tradition which I saw today was there was a red ribbon tied to the doors of the church showing that a bride and groom are getting married. Weddings in Italy are beautiful especially the area and the traditions put together. My favorite is when they throw the pasta and confetti at the bride and the groom.

No comments:

Post a Comment