Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Holidays in Denmark

Hello, again. My fiancée and I are really enjoying Denmark. We have sent out the invitations. We have chosen our cake and picked the church we are getting married in too. But, back to the subject of holidays in Denmark. January 1 is, of course, New Year's Day. Many of their holidays are very similar to ours in the United States. They have Good Friday. They have Christmas Day on December 25. They celebrate three days of Christmas. They also celebrate Palm Sunday. One special holiday that they celebrate is Whit Sunday and Monday. This is seven weeks from Easter. They celebrate Valdemar II victory in Estonia for Denmark. So, they have many more holidays that they celebrate. We are going to see how they celebrate Palm Sunday. It will be fun. We only have two more days in Denmark. Then, we leave for Sydney, Australia. Then, we will get married on our last day there. I am so excited!!! Tomorrow, I will talk about some tourist spots to go to in Denmark. I have to say a fine farewell to you. My fiancée and I are going to have dinner with our parents tonight. We are going to talk about the wedding. But, now, we are going out to pick out the flowers for the wedding and getting the little things for the wedding. 




                                                            Farewell from Denmark,

                                                                                             Ziva





 

3 comments:

  1. I like this bunny picture much more than the other one~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! My sister just had a wedding, and I hope yours is just as great! Maybe I should go to Denmark for the three day Christmas! xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice picture. Wish we had a three day Christmas.

    ReplyDelete