Thursday, April 14, 2011

Holidays in Switerland


Hey again you should have a good idea who this may be. It's me Chloe,Zoe. I know that you must like my country because all the information that I gave you about me, my family & country. I really enjoyed writing to you guys. This has been a fun experience. I say this because I have new people to talk to outside of my country. I know yesterday i probably made you guys a little hungry by telling you some of the foods we eat here in my country. I know you are wondering what is Chloe,Zoe going to talk about today? You don't have to worry anymore because today I'm going to tell you about the different types of holidays we have in my country. First lets start of with a holiday that I know you are familiar with Christmas which in my country we call it Weihnachten which is the on the same day as yours. Another holiday that I know that you are familiar with is called New Years eve. In my country we call it Silvester. This is one of my favorite holidays is called Knabenschiessen. This is a traditional shooting contest for 13-17 year old boys. This event is held in my town of Zurich. Another one of my favorite holidays is called Karfreitag also known as Good Friday his day is important because this was the day of Jesus death. This is all the holidays that I'm going to tell you about. If you won't to know more about our holidays go to http://http//www.about.ch/various/holidays.html

No comments:

Post a Comment