Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Italian girl


Whats up its me Alegra, you know the Italian girl. To start off I am going to tell you a little information on the miraculous city of Ferrara, Italy, the place I call home. Ferrara, Italy has the population of 134,967. 64,508 is the number of families in Ferrara, not including my family. Ferrara is an amazing example of a Renaissance city and actually saved many historical buildings that where built back in the glory days of the city, in the 16th century. A main monument , as you can see the picture on the side, in the city is the Estense Castle (Castello Estense), built in 1385 and renovated in the 16th century, built for defensive purposes by the family of Ferrara, the most important family; it is currently the only castle in Europe with a water-filled moat. Ferrara is not the most popular cities in Italy, but it has a lot of interesting history and stories about it that makes tourist wonder.

3 comments:

  1. That castle looks like it would be amazing to see in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How neat. i like the building. It remindes me of an old abandoned place where people onced lived. great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish that could be my house right now. Hmmmm I wonder if people still live there?

    ReplyDelete